Wednesday, November 23, 2011

30 by 30

I was inspired recently to make a bit of a bucket list. I decided that seeing as I am turning 30yrs old in 4 years that I would make a list of 30 things I want to accomplish by the time I am 30. Some of them are fairly easy, some are left up to God's timing, and some of them will require a real commitment and drive to get them accomplished.  Take a look...


  1. Travel to Cambodia again. COMPLETE!
  2. Sew an evening gown.
  3. Have another baby. (Up to God with this one)
  4. Bike the 22km around Rottnest Island. We biked part way last week biking 16km. I enjoyed it so much that I want to cycle around the entire island.
  5. Read all of Jane Austin's novels. IN PROGRESS
  6. Travel to Europe.
  7. Go out to dinner and eat dessert before the main meal.
  8. Visit Caerlaverock castle.
  9. Go Rock'n'Roll dancing again. I used to do rock'n'roll lessons when I was younger and really miss it.
  10. Act and sing in a musical. Again, something I used to do when I was younger.
  11. Complete a 365 photo project taking one photo a day for an entire year. IN PROGRESS
  12. Grow my hair long enough to touch my bottom. IN PROGRESS
  13. Give blood. I am terrified of needles. Enough said. COMPLETE!
  14. Read the entire Bible from start to finish. IN PROGRESS
  15. Spend one whole day without talking. Those of you who know me know that this could be a tough one! 
  16. Witness a birth.
  17. Breastfeed - this is dependant on task number 3.
  18. Learn to Crochet. COMPLETE!
  19. Eat Sushi. My hubby has been trying to persuade me to try it for years but I'm too chicken. hmmm... maybe I'll try the chicken... - COMPLETE!
  20. Surprise hubby with a weekend away somewhere.
  21. Complete my family tree cross stitch.
  22. Change a tire by myself.
  23. Set up our Christmas tree with only handmade ornaments I have made on it.
  24. Own a dress makers mannequin.
  25. Complete my Farmer's Wife quilt.
  26. Watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. Yes I admit it. I've never seen it! COMPLETE!
  27. Watch an All Blacks game live.
  28. Take our son James (2yrs old) to the snow.
  29. Make curtains for all the windows of our house.
  30. Complete 30 acts of selflessness on my 30th birthday.
So what do you think of my list? What would you put on yours?







3 comments:

  1. Ohh I could write one for myself! Having a plan for the next few years might be first on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would add something crazy like sky dive :) love your list check out the 365 book at Kiki k to help with 11

    Sarah fong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sas. I've seen the book youre talking about and it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete